He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 40:29-31

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reasons why 2008 did not suck for us...

In response to a post on Hope4Peyton , I am posting my own list of reasons why 2008 did not suck for the Czorapinski Family. Here it goes and believe me, I have to dig deep for the "brightness" in some of these.

1. Joshua has made it through 30 weeks of chemo on time without any set backs. The child is such a trooper. (I will not mention that 2008 sucks because he relapsed. That isn't what this post is about.)

2. Jeff and I went on our first alone vacation in 5 years. We took a 36 hour trip to Orlando back in February. Don't know if that would be considered a vacation but boy did we enjoy it.

3. We got to see what live without chemo might be like. Joshua was chemo free for two whole months.

4. Adam joined the potty club in August.

5. Noah fought through his social phobia to become a "karate kid!" He also participated in his school Christmas program. This is a big step for us people.

6. Even though we are in the middle of harsh chemo treatments with Joshua, we were able to take the family to the beach for two days. The boys loved it and we were able to capture a few lifelong memories.

7. Friends. We have met and become friends with some amazing people. Every time I hear that song "You find out who your friends are" I think of you all, and you know who you are.

8. Relay for Life. We were able to raise over $2500 with the help of our friends and family. And boy did we have a great time doing it too! (Thanks to those of you who have signed up for Relay 2009. I'll be in touch!)

9. Bonding. Being stuck at home all the time really drives you nuts. But, it has also bonded our family. I don't think if it were for cancer we would spend so much time together. The twins would be in school and we would be out and about much more often. So, 2008 may have made a very stressed and crazy mommy, but it has helped us learn to enjoy those little moments.

10. Your turn. Think about what meant the most to you in 2008. I'd love to hear your list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the Spence Family, 2008 did not suck for us....
1) Because I am the sick one in our household that has to take 5 to 6 needles per day and not Tylar!

2) I have a job outside of the home. (Which has to be much easier than Ami's job!)

3) I have my family's support and love.

4) I am able to be a part of the Relay for Life Team and help do what I can for the cause.

Ami, I am sorry I haven't been able to post lately either. Internet problems, busy with Christmas and illnesses (colds) here as well. Take care and I love you!

Anissa Mayhew said...

You know what? People like us have to dig deeper for the things that don't suck, but we don't ever take them for granted. One huge reason 2008 didn't suck for us was the amazing friendships and love we have continued to share and you all are a wonderful part of that.

I sure with God had decided one of us needed to live closer to the other, but at least we'll always have Facebook, right?

I love you guys!
Anissa