He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 40:29-31

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Normal chaos

Joshua is home! He is finished yet another round of chemo. I wish I could say without trouble but as you all saw in the previous post, that wasn't the case. The good news is that he is now home. The chaos of our "normal" is back and I am enjoying every minute of it. The boys were all happy to see each other and have been playing together for the past few hours. I am sure the fighting will start soon but I am happy to report that the worries of the other night are past us for now. Joshua's counts are low and are sure to drop lower. We have been having to do eye drops which aren't fun but he's a real trooper in holding still while I put them it. That kid is just amazing. Now, we have to start the shot in the legs each night for the next two weeks or so. Hopefully, with the low counts, we can escape the fever that usually comes and stay out of the hospital until his next dose of chemo at the end of February.

2 comments:

Coach said...

So glad you're home. I'm sorry you're visit was stressful. Take care and enjoy your time. We think of you often.

The Schecks

Priscilla said...

I'm so glad he is home and all is Czorapinski-normal again. I will be praying hard for no fevers and lots of play time together for all of you! Hang in there!!