He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 40:29-31

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Helping Others

I have a whole post about our day and everything that it involved, but I'm too spent to write tonight. I will post tomorrow. Tonight, I wanted to let you all know about an available opportunity to save a life. If you haven't registered for the bone marrow registry, they they are doing their "marrowthon" right now and you can register for free. There is usually a fee that covers all the testing and such but from June 8-22, you can join for free. PLEASE do this. It's a simple mouth swab that they send you in the mail. You follow the directions and mail it back. Unless/until you are found to be a possible match, you will have nothing else to do. You have the power to possibly save a life. Please do this. If Joshua were to relapse again, we would go to this registry to look for a donor. There are so many people out there right now waiting for a match.

1 comments:

Cara, Rich, & Colin said...

I wanted to let you know your post inspired me...or at least gave me the kick in the butt I needed. A co-worker of mine organizes marrow-donation rallies, and he was glad to hear that I finally signed up. My "swabs" went in a couple of weeks ago, so I should be on the list in a couple of weeks. I pray for you and your family all the time...lots of warm thoughts your way.