He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 40:29-31

Monday, June 1, 2009

Slow moving

Joshua's counts are finally starting to go up. Just not enough. His ANC has been at 0 for the past few days and finally today we went to 140. Jeff persuaded the doctors to do another draw around 4 pm and if they are above 200 they'll let us go today. If not, we'll have to wait until tomorrow's labs to see where we stand.

Meanwhile, Jeff and I have been switching off and on at the hospital. We've only been able to see each other for about an hour or so. Noah and Adam have been spending time with grandparents and Lulu isn't quite sure where she lives any more. I can't wait to get home and get back on a schedule. Haven't we done our time yet? I swear that after all our family has been through, we need a month long vacation at the end of this. Although we won't be getting a month long vacation, we do have the beach and Disney to look forward to. Now, all we have to do is get there.

2 comments:

Coach said...

Jeff and Ami,

Hang in there. We think about you all the time and send lots of positive thoughts your way. If its any consolation, the patience and love you attend this with is admirable. I'm sure it seems like a long journey but hang in there...

Our love,
The Schecks

Brenda & Tylar said...

Hi guys!! I'm back! I just got my new Broadband hooked up today and here I am- the first thing I'm looking up is your blog. I'm so excited!